Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2023 11:00

Aurora R13, internet issue

Hi,

I ordered Dell Alienware Aurora R13.

I was so excited to have the first desktop in my life. However, the desktop's internet speed is ridiculous. In general, the speed is okay. However, unexpectedly suddenly internet speed became so slow. My home internet should provide 300bp speed. However, when I had a meeting and was giving a presentation, it came to less than 100bp. I thought my internet had some issue. However, my iPad, phone, and my friend's internet speed is normal. I do not understand why my new computer has this issue. Can you please advise me what to do? Do you think my desktop has some technical faults? 

Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

378 Posts

January 23rd, 2023 12:00

If your R13 came with WiFi 6 installed, then it should easily pull that much. My R10 with WiFi 6 can download close to 50MBS on a 50MBS line with Comcast.

Go into device manager and under networks look for WLAN. See if it says Intel WiFi 6. If it does, turn off your modem/router for 1 minute. Turn it back on and see if the speed improves. If it does not check and make sure your WiFi drivers are up to date.

You do that by going into settings --> Windows Update --> Advanced Options --> Optional Updates.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 23rd, 2023 19:00

Have you tried using an actual CAT-5e/6 ethernet cable? Or, is only WiFi available in your office?

If you have Intel Killer Performance Suite installed, you can try disabling all the enhanced features (including Auto-Bandwidth and Prioritization Engine).

If that does help, you can go-ahead and completely uninstall Intel Killer Performance Suite and then reboot. The wired and WiFi network cards should still function (and just run at full speed).

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 2nd, 2024 03:17

I have the same issue.  I turned off all Killer Suite tools. Tried Wi-FI and Network cable.  I even bought a usb to rj45 adapter to bypass the built in network adapter.  Still the connection is sluggish.

All other devices connected have fast internet, it is just the R13 that lags.

All drivers are up to date, latest Bios is installed.  Nothing is connected to the router except the R13.  

I have no idea what is causing the PC to be so slow.

No Events found!