Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Rookie

• 

71 Posts

April 27th, 2024 02:56

Aurora R12, Alienware face logo changes color

The face logo on my Alienware is an orange looking color when it's in sleep mode and a white/a really light purple or a really light red or pink when it's awake for some odd reason. I don't guess that's a sign of an error, but I'd like to reinstall the command center or do whatever I have to get it to function correctly. 

In  Downloads I have 

Alienware Command Center 5x Full Installer dated 3 - 12 - 2024  Version 5.6.1.0

Alienware Command Center 5x                     dated 3 - 12 - 2024   Version 5.6.1.0

My command center is Version 5.6.1.0 also. 

Which one should I install or should I be doing something else.

Sometimes it changes colors if there's a problem with the command center software or while I'm updating. 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

April 27th, 2024 15:07

Colors can be set from within the command center application. Only install the application center for your system version, as not all versions use the same version of command center.

Make sure to get from the driver download page directly, for your model number.

Dell Driver Page

1 Rookie

• 

71 Posts

April 27th, 2024 23:22

Ok - I'll go ahead and try to reinstall the Alienware Command Center 5x   dated 3 - 12 - 2024   Version 5.6.1.0 as indicated in my downloads for my system.

1 Rookie

• 

71 Posts

April 29th, 2024 22:38

Ok - I updated support assistance and the command center and now the command center won't connect. 

When I check AWCC Service in the task bar it notes - stopped - When I try to get it to run in services it notes it can't find the file. Any Ideas on how to repair? 

Error 2 The System Can't Find the Specified File. 

Support Assist 4/29/24 Version 4.0.3. 61632

Command Center 5.6.1.0 

I've installed and reinstalled the command center several times and rerun the repair in the command center package. I've tried repairing and resetting every AWCC component in the apps and Programs. I couldn't imagine the AWCC service not being in the command center app. 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

April 29th, 2024 23:48

@rhellstrom6e8920​ AWCC can be "special". There's a very specific way on how to remove and install it.

Follow this official guide from Dell.

1 Rookie

• 

71 Posts

April 30th, 2024 00:00

Yes - I'm using that. My system won't install the command center. That's why it won't run. Any ideas? I've run the repair and install on both applications. 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

April 30th, 2024 01:02

The service does not want to start?

1 Rookie

• 

71 Posts

April 30th, 2024 17:18

I got tired of fooling with it and reset my machine. It's installed now and running great, but I can't get the alien logo head to change back to its normal color or to coordinate with the system colors in the command center. I guess it might be a registry entry or something. Usually uninstalling and reinstalling does the trick. Maybe someone will know here. I like Dell's software but man - It can be time consuming at times. 

1 Rookie

• 

71 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 02:33

I'm checking this out. Any suggestions. 

Power Saving Features: The orange light may be related to power-saving features on the desktop. Check your power settings in the Control Panel to see if any power-saving options are causing this.Sep 18, 2023

I don't have any notations of errors. 

Alienware Aurora R12 Service Manual | Dell US

No Flashes. 

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

71 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 21:35

Apparently the white while running and orange at sleep are normal indicators and their good indicators. 

I don't know why I can't get the power button to change colors with the system in the FX system but at least I know the system is healthy. 

It's defiantly white while running. I was looking at from an oblique side view when I first posted. 

System diagnostic lights
Power - No Errors 
BIST - R12 Service Manual. Error Free 
Normal Lighting indicators. 
The orange light on the power button of your Alienware R12 desktop indicates that the computer is in sleep mode. When the computer is in sleep mode, the power button will flash orange to indicate that the computer is powered off but still plugged in. To wake up the computer from sleep mode, simply press the power button again. If the computer still doesn’t respond, try pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds to force the computer to shut down1.

White Light:

• A steady white light typically indicates that the computer is powered on and functioning normally.

(edited)

No Events found!