Customized "Folder Permissions for Account" report - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Customized "Folder Permissions for Account" report

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Customized "Folder Permissions for Account" report

This question has been answered by AlexHalifax

I am looking for a customized report based on the "Folder Permissions for Account" report.  The report should include the ability to:

• Include multiple accounts
  • Parameter to expand group membership
  • Parameter to select "File and Folder Permissions with Differences", with an option to select added, modified, removed, or same as parent permissions

Any and all assistance appreciated.  Thanks

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • I am looking into it and will let you know as soon as possible.

Alex

• Hi Alex,

Thanks again for checking into this request.  Any updates?

• The work on the report is still in progress. I will update you soon.

Thanks,

Alex

• Hello,

With respect to the "Parameter to select "File and Folder Permissions with Differences"" functionality, what are you wanting to see here?  Are you wanting the entire contents of the "File/Folder Permissions with Differences" report embedded within this custom report, or are you looking for only a subset of the data filtered by account?  We are trying to figure out what you are wanting exactly to see if it is possible to create such a report.

An alternative would be to create the custom report which allows multiple Account selection with membership expansion and use links to open a second report which could show the permission differences for the specified folder.

• Thanks.  Per the customer:

If I understand the question right I believe we would like to be able to filter by accounts/groups.  We want to view/find permissions based on users and groups. Rather than auditing a folder to see who has access, we want to audit the user and see what they have access too.  I hope that helps.

I did not get a response on the 2nd question and have reached back out to them.

• Alex,

Please create the custom report which allows multiple Account selection with membership expansion and use links to open a second report which could show the permission differences for the specified folder.

Thanks.

• Thank you for the clarification. I will keep you up to date with my progress.

• Hey Narketta,

Could you please specify what version of ER the customer is using? 2.5 or 2.6?

Thank you,

Alex

• Hello,

I created two linked reports for ER 2.5.

You can download the reports and custom scripts following the link below:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20442899

Alex

• Hi Alex,

Thank you.  I will let you know the results.  Much appreciated.

• Hi Alex,

The customer is back from bereavement and sent the below regarding the "Folder Permissions for Account" customized report.  See comments below:

No, I wasn’t able to get the report to run. The field “Include the following accounts” in the “Folder permissions for Accounts” report isn’t able to find/select/verify user accounts.  I can enter account  names without browsing to them, but then I get an error message that the report could not be generated.

Can you please assist?  Thanks.

• Hi Narketta,

I am wondering if the customer can see the Group and User accounts like shown in the screenshots below:

If not, the customer is probably using the older version of ER which doesn't have these fields.

Likely, it can be solved by running the simple script below:

Group & User Account Name input parameters.zip

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Alex