Custom Group Report - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Custom Group Report

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Custom Group Report

This question has suggested answer(s)

Custom Group Report

Hi All,  ive been trying to configure a report to filter on groups beginning with a specific name and having the members listed with the following attributes:

SamAccountName

firstname

lastname

Not sure why but ER 2.5.1 doesn't allow for that level of granularity.  Can anyone help a beginner with ER.

Greatly Appreciated.

Steve

All Replies
  • Hi Steve,

Thank you for your inquiry.  We are reviewing your request and will follow up tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Val :)

• Hi Steve,

I found this existing custom query report that might serve as a good starting point.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20440214

You can download the ZIP file, unzip it, and import the XRD file into Report Manager under the My Reports folder.  Just let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Once you run this report, you can let me know if it will meet your needs or if we can assist with further edits.

Thank you,
    Valerie :)

• Hi Valerie,

this report doesn't really help.  What im trying to get is a report on all groups beginning with certain names, eg:

SL_*

SL1_*

SL2_*

and then to list out all members of those groups with the following attributes:

SamAccountName

FirstName

LastName

ER doesn't appear to allow for this level of granular reporting (or not that I can find).

Help appreciated.

Steve

• Hi Steve,

I have modified the Domain Groups with Members report for you here:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20442429/download 

To create this report, here are the general steps that I used:

1. Copy the Active Direction > Domain Groups with Members report to My Reports.
    2. Click Edit Report to change a few things.
    3. GENERAL: Updated the report title and description.
    4. FIELDS: Added the 3 fields you waned (from the available Domain Nested User fields).
    5. PARAMETERS: I removed a couple of unneeded parameters and made the domain parameter optional.
    6. LAYOUT: I added the 3 fields you wanted to the Detail Band (with the same settings as the existing field that was in the Detail Band).

PLEASE NOTE: in the parameters, you may specify groups beginning with certain names by entering wildcards (as you have indicated); however, if the group name includes the domain name, you may need to include a preceding asterisk to get the results you are looking for (e.g. *SL_* ).  You can add more than one of these at a time and then run the report to include them all.

Happy to answer any questions,
    Kind Regards,

• Hi Val,

this is perfect, many thanks.

I have just one more question on this.  Im also using an underscore in my groups search, eg:

CUST_*

But ER doesn't appear to see or under stand the "_"entry.  Is this a bug or do you know a way around this?

Thanks

• Hi,

Yes, it is necessary to wrap the underscores in square brackets.

Try CUST[_]* and let me know how it goes!