Custom Report: Application migration due diligence report - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Custom Report: Application migration due diligence report

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Custom Report: Application migration due diligence report

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello-

I'm working on migrating application servers from source domain to target domain.

I'm trying to create a report that gives me information that I can use to get server owners to be aware of what's on the server and what may need to be considered or reconfigured for the new target domain.

What I would like is a Master - Detail report, with multiple detail sections.

The master information is the computer itself.

I would like Detail of Installed Software, Services, Profiles, and Shares.

I see the Detail Report report item available in the Report Designer.  I see the ability to add new data adapters and data sets, but when I save, the additional data adapters I create are not saved in the report.

I'm aware the the DevExpress Reporter tool is supposed to have a subreport report item.  Is that available in ER's Report Designer.  That would work.  I could create the four subreports, all nested in the details of the Master report.

TIA,

Shawn 

All Replies
  • Hey Shawn,

I will be looking into this request and will get back to you soon.

Thanks,

Aarti

• Hi poul0004,

Starting with a couple of our existing reports, we can customize the output to provide “Computer Information” (referred to as the Master Report) showing the top level information for all Computers:

The Computer Name is a hyperlink to the “Computer Details” (referred to as the Detail Report).

Clicking the Computer Name will open “Computer Details” showing the detail of Installed Software, Services, Profiles, and Shares for the selected computer:

Please let me know if the suggested solution meets the requirements.

Also, please provide me with your version of the product. The version can be found by opening the Configuration Manager, then clicking the System Information link:

Thanks,

Alex

• This report would do the trick.

We're on 2.5.1.200

• Hello?  AlexHalifax?  Any update on this?

• The design of the new report is now in progress. We will send you a link to it when it is ready.

• FWIW, it would be beneficial to be able to add additional user fields to this report such as lastlogontimestamp, Manager, Department, Office - stuff to provide some context for the discovered user profiles.

I recently custom engineered something like this for a customer.

• Hi poul0004,

The reports are ready. Follow the link to download the reports:http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20442031/download

Thanks,

Alex