Custom report: list AD computer objects with flags based on their group membership - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Custom report: list AD computer objects with flags based on their group membership

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Custom report: list AD computer objects with flags based on their group membership

This question has suggested answer(s)

Basically I need to report on Active Directory computer objects. But in addition to the attributes provided by the report type 'Active Directory -> computers' I need to fill a custom field based on the group membership of the computer objects - something like:

If member of group A -> set CustomField to 'BLUE'

If member of group B -> set CustomField to 'RED'

If not member of group A or B -> set CustomField to 'GREEN'

Thx for your help

All Replies
  • I will get back to you with the answers as soon as I can. Thank you

• Hello,

I may need an additional information in order to be able to assist you:

1. What version of ER are you using?  2.5 or 2.6?

2. Would you like the report to look like 'Active Directory -> Domain Computer Information' report with the addition of the group membership?

3. Does the report should have the 'Group Scope'  input parameter which specifies the scope of the selected groups (Domain Local, Universal or Global)?

Thanks,

Alex

• Hi Alex,

Thx taking care :)

1. We have ER 2.6

2. Almost: 'Active Directory -> Domain Computer Information' report with the additional information, Whether a computer is in specific group(s)

3. No - the report must contain all computers - not only the once in the specific groups

I hope this helps.

Guido

• Hi Guido,

Just a quick update to let you know that I am continuing to work on the custom report you requested.  It is coming along but it will be a few days before I am able to deliver it.

Alex

• Hi Guido,

The requested report is ready and can be downloaded using the link below:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20441847/download

Please let me know whether the report meets your requirements.

Alex