Enterprise reporter-Custom reports for NTFS - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Enterprise reporter-Custom reports for NTFS

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Enterprise reporter-Custom reports for NTFS

This question has been answered by DELL-Aarti M

Hi there,

Can someone help me in writing custom report for NTFS folder & share permission? Output should be

as in the below :-

Type,Path,Ace Account,Ace Permissions Text,Ace Type

e.g- Folder,\\SWNHAMPWRTRP11\E$\Intense\FEA Software,SYSTEM,Full Control,Allow

Currently output, I get , as shown below:-

e.g-Folder,\\SWNHAMPWRTRP11.NA.NISOURCE.NET\E$\Intense\FEA Software,SYSTEM,Full Control,Allow

So, basically, I don't want .NA.NISOURCE.NET in my report , where NA is domain.

It's looks like , a petty simple customization, but I am new to this tool, so I was wondering, if someone could help me with this.

Thanks,

Manish.

Verified Answer
  • Hey Manish,

My apologies. I should have sent the instructions on how to use the report I posted on the community in my earlier message.

Here it is -

1. Save the custom report (xrd) 
    2. Launch Report Manager and go to My Reports
    3. Click on Import button and browse to the location where you saved the xrd.

Now you should be able to use the report.

Let me know if there's any issues.

Thanks,

Aarti

All Replies
  • Which version of Enterprise Reporter are you using?

Also, are you wanting this data as CSV or are you looking to have the data shown in a report on screen?

The reason I am asking this is because this could be done a couple of different ways.  if you are looking for CSV, we would need a custom query report written to support whatever parameters you required, but if you are just looking for the report to be displayed with the different path, we would add a custom field which would do the string parsing.  (of course it's not as simple as just cutting off everything after the first ., but we would need to use the computer's NetBIOS name in place of the DNS host name).

• Currently we are using, Quest Reporter 6.5 and we migrating to Quest Enterprise reporter 2.5.

So, we will be using enterprise reporter 2.5.

We want this data in a CSV /text file , and we will schedule this on daily basis, to send the report on

different server.

• Hey Manish,

We are working on this request, will provide you the custom report as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Aarti

• Thanks Aarti,

Please let me know, when you have some update. We need this real quick.

Thanks,

Manish.

• Hello Manish,

I have created a custom report for you. Please find it attached at the following location:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20441679

Please note that this is a custom query report and there are certain restrictions on how the parameters works for the custom query reports. As of now, we do not have support for wild card characters for the parameters. Also, when you schedule this report, you will have to pass and save the values for the mandatory parameters in order to report to return data.

Please give this a try and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Aarti

• Thanks Aarti.

I will verify and let you know.

Thanks,

Manish.

• Aarti,

I opened XRD file in the text, copied & pasted query it's content in the custom query report section.

When I click on 'validate query' , I got a pop up saying-'Invalid query. Your SQL query is not valid.Please

check the statement and try again.' Below is the detail contain of the pop up.

Incorrect syntax near '<'.
    An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name.
    The identifier that starts with 'CDATA[Dell]></Author>
      <Copyright><![CDATA[2015]></Copyright>
      <Title><![CDATA[Folder Permissions (NTFS Path customization)]' is too long. Maximum length is 128.
    Must declare the table variable "@SelectedComputer".
    Must declare the table variable "@SelectedPath".
    Must declare the table variable "@SelectedComputer".
    The identifier that starts with 'CDATA[/// <XRTypeInfo>
    ///   <AssemblyFullName>Quest.Reporter.Reporting.Engine.ReportComponent, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutra' is too long. Maximum length is 128.
    An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name.
    Incorrect syntax near 'int'.
    Incorrect syntax near 'byte'.
    Incorrect syntax near 'DevExpress'.
    Incorrect syntax near ';'.

• Hey Manish,

My apologies. I should have sent the instructions on how to use the report I posted on the community in my earlier message.

Here it is -

1. Save the custom report (xrd) 
    2. Launch Report Manager and go to My Reports
    3. Click on Import button and browse to the location where you saved the xrd.

Now you should be able to use the report.

Let me know if there's any issues.

Thanks,

Aarti

• Thanks Aarti.

And yes, I am very much new to this tool.

Regards,

Manish