Only the root 'Folder Permissions' + 'File and Folder Permissions with Differences' for that root folder's sub-folders - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Only the root 'Folder Permissions' + 'File and Folder Permissions with Differences' for that root folder's sub-folders

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Only the root 'Folder Permissions' + 'File and Folder Permissions with Differences' for that root folder's sub-folders

This question is not answered

We need these reports combined, since we do not want to use the "same as parent" permission in the Differences report (makes them way too big). We want the Root folder all permissions (Folder Permissions report works) then the folders with changed permissions for that root folder.

Does one of these exist? Can I just paste the SQL from one into the other to test it?

Thanks,

E Powell

All Replies
  • Hi,

We have gathered the information from the other forum and have combined it with this request.
    The custom report team is taking a look to see what options are available and will be in touch as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Val :)

• Hi Val, 

I'm interested whether a custom report was ever generated for this request.

For now, what we've done is created two separate reports.  One on just the root, including inherited/explicit, and a second on the sub-folders, only listing explicit.  

One limitation of that is with any folders where inheritance has been broken (which should be rare), there's nothing in the report that would directly indicate the parent's permissions are no longer inherited past that point.

• Hi,

I am looking into the background on this one and will let you know.

Thank you,
    Val :)

• Posting on behalf of Valerie:

Hi,

The background I found indicates that an existing custom report was suggested as the starting point for this request (with the option for subsequent modifications).

You can find that report at this location: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20441523

Please let us know if it meets your needs or if we can help further.

Thank you,

Val J

Emily Pizanie

Social Media and Community Advisor

SMaC Professional

Brand Certified

Dell Software | Demand and Event Marketing