File Storage Analysis - Storage growth over time per department or region - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

File Storage Analysis - Storage growth over time per department or region

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

File Storage Analysis - Storage growth over time per department or region

This question has been answered by DELL-Aarti M

Hello,

As the storage usage is based on the owner attribute of the files, I would like to get a report sorted by "department" and another one sorted by "Country/Region". Department and Country/Region information should be taken from the owners Active Directory user object attributes.

Are those reports feasible?

Thanks,
René

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi René,

To help us narrow down the feasibility of your request, is there a specific report in the Enterprise Reporter Report Library that you would like to sort?  If so, please also include the title of the existing report.

Thank you,
    Val :)

• Hi Val,

Thank you very much for your response.
    I would like to sort the "File Storage Analysis - Users - Top Users" report. But it of course should not be limited to the "Top Users" only. It should contain storage usage of all file owners.

Thanks,
    René

• Hi René,

Ok, that gives us a good starting point and it leads to one more question.

This report has a bar chart at the top.  It gets quite crowded when there are more than 10 users.

Is the bar chart required for your needs, or is the information in the table below the bar chart sufficient? 

Thank you,
    Val :)

• Hi Val,

The table is sufficient.

Thanks,

René

• Thank you, René.

I will pass this along to our custom report team and they will follow up early next week.

Have a great weekend,
    Val

• Hello Rene,

Sorry for the delayed response here.

I have created 2 custom reports for the requirements you posted above.

Space Usage by Department: This report will provide you information on Department wide usage of space as well as per user usage of space within a particular department.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20441548

Space Usage by Country: This report will provide you information on Country wide usage of space as well as per user usage of space within a particular Country.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20441549

Please let me know how these reports works for you and if there's any other customization needed, let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Aarti

• Hi Aarti,

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

René

• Hi Aarti,

I just tested the two reports you created and I'm pleased by the result I get for the data in my environment. I find it very useful that accounts without properly assigned Active Directory attributes (Department resp. Country/Region) are grouped.

Thanks again,
    René