Custom Report - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Custom Report

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Custom Report

This question has suggested answer(s)

Customer requires a custom report for folder permision with membership where the user accounts that has permissions over the folders shows as a sub report instead the nested groups

All Replies
  • Just to clarify things, are you looking for a report that shows the File/folder, and then for each ACE in the permission, the list of all accounts, recursive, without showing the groups?

• Hello.

What is needed is to show the folder with the groups that has access and at the end of the report the groups with the members sometime like:

\\path\to\the\folder

group1     Allow       Full Control                                This folder, subfolders and files

group2     Allow       Modify                                          This folder, subfolders and files

\\path\to\the\folder2

group1     Allow       Full Control                                This folder, subfolders and files

group4     Allow       List folders and contents        This folder, subfolders and files

Group Membership sub report

Group1

friendlyName(email)

friendlyName(email)

friendlyName(email)

Group2

friendlyName(email)

friendlyName(email)

friendlyName(email)

friendlyName(email)

friendlyName(email)

group4

friendlyName(email)

friendlyName(email)

• NTFS Folder Permissions with Groups Subreport.zip

Hello,

I have attached a report which should do what you want.  It has a mandatory parameter for the computer name (DNS form).

Peter

• Hello Peter.

I have try the report on ER 2.5.1 and got this error.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Quest.Reporter.Consoles.Reporting.Modules.ReportExplorer.Views.ReportSettings.LayoutPresenter.GenerateLayout()
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItem.OnClick(BarItemLink link)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItemLink.OnLinkClick()
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarButtonItemLink.OnLinkAction(BarLinkAction action, Object actionArgs)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarSelectionInfo.UnPressLink(BarItemLink link)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.CustomLinksControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.CustomControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.DockedBarControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    No inner exception.
    at Quest.Reporter.Consoles.Reporting.Modules.ReportExplorer.Views.ReportSettings.LayoutPresenter.GenerateLayout()
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItem.OnClick(BarItemLink link)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItemLink.OnLinkClick()
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarButtonItemLink.OnLinkAction(BarLinkAction action, Object actionArgs)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarSelectionInfo.UnPressLink(BarItemLink link)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.CustomLinksControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.CustomControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.DockedBarControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This App will be terminated!

Any suggestions please.

• Hello Peter were you able to check the issue for this report?

• Sorry, I did not see your previous post.  I'm looking into the issue now.

Peter

• Hello,

I am sorry about that,  it turns out I used an incompatible report builder when creating your report.  I've posted a new version in the custom reports media gallery.

en.community.dell.com/.../20441452

• Hello Peter:

Can you help me with this changes to the report please

Able to select a folder
    include/exclude Inherited permissions
    include the friendly name and the ID of the users
    include the owner of the security group

• Hi There,

I will take a look at this request and get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Aarti

• Hi There,

I have modified the report as per the requirement.

About the Owner of the Security Group, do you mean the "Managed By" on the group, if Yes then report will display that information otherwise let me know which exact field you would like me to add to the report.

You can find the report here:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20441510

• Hello there, I tried the report and is not working it shows only the group membership   Attached an screenshot of the report

• Hello,

Has there been any update on this report?

Thank you,

Randy