Folder Permissions with differences and Group Membership sub report - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Folder Permissions with differences and Group Membership sub report

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Folder Permissions with differences and Group Membership sub report

This question has been answered by Valerie H. Wilson

We recently went from ScriptLogic Enterprise Security Reporter to Dell Enterprise Reporter. In ESR, we ran a Folder Permissions differences with group membership sub report monthly for many departments in our agency. There was an option when generating the permissions report to include group membership as a sub-report. How can I do this in Enterprise Reporter? I am tasked with recreating equivalent reports in ER.

I'm starting by creating Folder Permissions with differences reports, and we really need one with the group membership sub report. Any ideas? As you might have gathered, I'm relatively new to ER. I just learned how to create reports last week. A Dell tech suggested I post here for a custom report.

Thanks in advance,

E Powell
Austin TX

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

I am posting here to close the loop on the forum.

Thank you for the additional information provided to the product manager through e-mail. After reviewing these details, we have been advised that one of our support engineers will be able to further investigate why the reports that were provided are not working. They will also be able to log an enhancement request if some of their functionality is found to be missing.

Please open a support case by contacting support at https://support.software.dell.com/ 
    Kind regards,
    Val :)

All Replies
  • I really need to get this custom report by the end of August 2015. I posted this in March and there has been no activity by support staff. Help!

Basically it's the File and Folder Permissions with Differences report with the option of a Group Membership subreport. We were able to do this in Script Logic's Enterprise Security Reporter. I can't believe that customers of that product have not requested this sooner.

Thanks,

E Powell

• Hi,

Sorry for the very late reply.

In case you have not already obtained an answer through other channels, I wanted to let you know that the sub-report option you are looking for is not currently part of the existing Enterprise Reporter reports and is not supported by custom reports.

An enhancement request (#380762) to expand group members for File and Folder Permissions with Difference has been created for inclusion in a future release.

Thank you,

Val

• I know that it's not available in the current release. That's why I submitted the request. 

On Fri, 3/27/2015, a very helpful Dell rep (I can provide the name) told me specifically that I needed to submit a request for a custom report in the Dell Community, and that it was moderated by the product team. I am very disappointed in the lack of response to this request made almost 5 months ago.

ER will be in production at our agency on 8/30/2015. This feature would have helped me recreate reports that we created in Script Logic's Enterprise Security Reporter for many years.

When is this "future release" coming out? It's already been almost 5 months since my original request. This is not encouraging.

E Powell

• Hi,

I am posting here to close the loop on the forum.

Thank you for the additional information provided to the product manager through e-mail. After reviewing these details, we have been advised that one of our support engineers will be able to further investigate why the reports that were provided are not working. They will also be able to log an enhancement request if some of their functionality is found to be missing.

Please open a support case by contacting support at https://support.software.dell.com/ 
    Kind regards,

• I don't understand why that was marked as the answer. All you said is someone will look at it and to call it in. To me that is not a resolution.

I was already told that it would be an enhancement request for a future release of ER. Do I still need to submit a support request?

Thanks,

E Powell

• Hi E,

This was marked as the answer so that others would know that if they have the same inquiry/request that the correct course of action would be contact customer support to note that they are also interested in the same feature – thus raising its priority.

Marking this as the answer also allows us to flag that the questions or concerns raised in the thread have been addressed with a course of action – in this case, to contact customer support – so that we know that there are no further forum responses required for that thread.

Since you have already been told that it would be an enhancement request for a future release of ER, and this feature request has been logged, you do not need to submit a support request.

Thank you,

• Was this added to enterprise reporter 2.6? We haven't been able to upgrade because this feature is critical to us

• We just upgraded to the latest version of ER and I want to know if this support request was included in the upgrade. Where can I find that? I thought a tech told me that if I (and you) kept the support request open, you would notify me when it was included in an upgrade/update. I have not been notified. It's been over a year and a half since my original request. Surely it was included in the latest (2.6?).

• Hello All.  I am the product manager for Enterprise Reporter and I would be happy to answer your questions from a processes standpoint.  Each release contains a section in the release notes that indicates what enhancements we've addressed.  Customers can review that list and see if your enhancement has made it into the release. 

However, addressing customer specific enhancements, I will need to do some research on the ones in particular which I haven't done.  I will respond to each of you directly outside of this community.  I hear you guys that we can do a better job with how we manage enhancement request and ensuring you have much better visibility.  We are looking at a couple of options in the near future to address this obvious concern.  I'm not ready to announce what this is but we are evaluating them as we speak.  In the interim, please feel free to reach out to me directly at tri.nguyen@software.dell.com with any specific concerns.  Thank you for being a loyal customer and being patient with us.

Best Regards,

Tri