Folder Permissions including sub-folders and explicit-only option - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Folder Permissions including sub-folders and explicit-only option

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Folder Permissions including sub-folders and explicit-only option

This question has been answered by DELL-Samer E

The standard "Folder Permissions" report is good, but I need it to be able to do all sub-folders. The "User Permissions on Folders" will do the sub-folders, but it lists all the group members, not just group names and individuals, and it doesn't have an "explicit only" option. So, the reports  is >  7k pages.

Verified Answer
  • In order to see the sub-folders in the "Folder Permissions" report, you will need to add asterik * to the path of the folder that you are trying to report on.

For example, in the "Include the following paths" parameter, your path should look like the following if you are trying to report on XYZ folder (assuming its on C drive) and its subfolders (depending on the option that you have selected for the NTFS discovery):

\\ServerName\C$\XYZ*

OR

C:\XYZ*

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Samer

All Replies
  • In order to see the sub-folders in the "Folder Permissions" report, you will need to add asterik * to the path of the folder that you are trying to report on.

For example, in the "Include the following paths" parameter, your path should look like the following if you are trying to report on XYZ folder (assuming its on C drive) and its subfolders (depending on the option that you have selected for the NTFS discovery):

\\ServerName\C$\XYZ*

OR

C:\XYZ*

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Samer