Creating a custom report "Domain Users by department" - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Creating a custom report "Domain Users by department"

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Creating a custom report "Domain Users by department"

This question has been answered by DELL-Aarti M

Hello, the customer would need a new type of report. The layout should be similar to one of the existing: "Domain Users with Recent Logons". The field included in the report should be:
- department (sort ascending and group by)
- Full Name (sort ascending)
- account name
- last logon
- is disabled (check box)
- is locked (check box)
I've tried editing one of the existing report but I've had difficulties creating a custom that is satisfying

Thank you for your support

Verified Answer
  • Hello Michele

"Domain Users with Recent Logons" report has been customized as per your requirement.

The same can be found at:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20441068

Following steps has been performed on the existing report to customize:

1. Copy “Domain Users with Recent Logons” report under “ My Reports”
    2. Click on Edit Report
    3. Change the name and description of the report as you like. In this case, I renamed it to “Domain Users Grouped By Department” and updated the description to “Shows users in the selected domains grouped by department.”
    4. Go to Fields Tab and add following fields to the reports – “Full Name”, “Department” and remove “Number of Logons”.
    5. In the selected fields, apply sorting Ascending for Department and Full Name. Click Ok
    6. Go to Parameters. You can leave as it is or you can customize this as well.
    7. Go to Layout and click Edit.
    8. In the report layout, add one more group header to apply Grouping on “Department” and in the detail header adjust the fields you would like to see in your report.
    9. Click ok.

Please take a look at the report and let me know your feedback.

Thanks,

Aarti

All Replies
  • In order to help you, can you explain more about what is not satisfactory about the report you have created?

• Yes Johnny, sure. Quickly, I am not able to create what I want. Maybe I don’t have the skill to create a report by zero.

• Please Johnny, could you help me creating a custom report? Official Quest support tells me that they don't give support to create new custom reports and the correct way to have an help is to post a request here.

Let me know.

Regards.

• Hello Michele,

Sorry about replying late to this post. Enterprise Reporter Development team will look into this request and will reply as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Aarti

• Hello Michele

"Domain Users with Recent Logons" report has been customized as per your requirement.

The same can be found at:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20441068

Following steps has been performed on the existing report to customize:

1. Copy “Domain Users with Recent Logons” report under “ My Reports”
    2. Click on Edit Report
    3. Change the name and description of the report as you like. In this case, I renamed it to “Domain Users Grouped By Department” and updated the description to “Shows users in the selected domains grouped by department.”
    4. Go to Fields Tab and add following fields to the reports – “Full Name”, “Department” and remove “Number of Logons”.
    5. In the selected fields, apply sorting Ascending for Department and Full Name. Click Ok
    6. Go to Parameters. You can leave as it is or you can customize this as well.
    7. Go to Layout and click Edit.
    8. In the report layout, add one more group header to apply Grouping on “Department” and in the detail header adjust the fields you would like to see in your report.
    9. Click ok.

Please take a look at the report and let me know your feedback.

Thanks,

Aarti

• I’ve just tried and it’s perfect Aarti!!

It is exactly what I wanted.

Best regards.