Report to match ObjectSid to msExchMasterAccountSid - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Report to match ObjectSid to msExchMasterAccountSid

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Report to match ObjectSid to msExchMasterAccountSid

This question has been answered by DELL-Aarti M

We have run a built-in report “User With an Exchange Mailbox” and I created a custom report to report just ObjectSid and msExchMasterAccountSid. We need to report on users who have the “msExchMasterAccountSid” populated and ultimately try to match them to the source user.

What we are finding is the reports (both) do not export the full SID for the msExchMasterAccountSid value. It seems to only extract the domain portion of the SID and not the unique portion.

Ben had a thought that maybe the SQL table does not allow for additional characters or is limited.

Here are the exports and the report files. Can you please take a look and determine why.

REQUESTED REPORT

Create a report that matches source SID to target msExchMasterAccountSid. the report should include both attributes and values as well as the source sAMAccountName and target sAMAccountNmae

BTW. it seems .xrd files cannot be up-loaded. that should be changed considering ER reports are saved with that extension :-)

Verified Answer
  • SQL_To_Alter_Table_(Temp Fix).txt

Hey Alex,

I'm able to replicate this issue at my side and I do agree that we are not displaying full SID for the msExchMasterAccountSID. The column size in SQL table is too small to hold the complete string.

I have logged a defect # 419516 in TFS so that we can fix this issue in the future release.

For the Custom Report you requested, I have customized the existing report " Users with An Exchange Mailbox" to include accounts where source SID matches to msExchMasterAccountSID.

Please refer to the http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20440814 report and the attached download.

As a temporary fix to this problem, please execute the attached SQL statements against your ER database and re-run your Active Directory discoveries. Make sure to backup your database.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Aarti

All Replies
  • SQL_To_Alter_Table_(Temp Fix).txt

Hey Alex,

I'm able to replicate this issue at my side and I do agree that we are not displaying full SID for the msExchMasterAccountSID. The column size in SQL table is too small to hold the complete string.

I have logged a defect # 419516 in TFS so that we can fix this issue in the future release.

For the Custom Report you requested, I have customized the existing report " Users with An Exchange Mailbox" to include accounts where source SID matches to msExchMasterAccountSID.

Please refer to the http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20440814 report and the attached download.

As a temporary fix to this problem, please execute the attached SQL statements against your ER database and re-run your Active Directory discoveries. Make sure to backup your database.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Aarti

• Thank you. I will forward it to my consultant on site this week and have him test it.