Query 2 forests to generate a report for matching user objects. - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Query 2 forests to generate a report for matching user objects.

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Query 2 forests to generate a report for matching user objects.

This question has been answered by DELL-Samer E

Is there a way using Enterprise Reporter to query ForestA and ForestB and generate matching user objects report based on either email, displayname or cn?

users can be matched on email address or cn.

domain dn displayname cn email lastlogon isdisabled
src.local fin/users user1 user1 user1@ad1.org date N
tgt.local ge/users user2 user2 user1@ad1.org date N
Verified Answer
  • To be able to go through the child OUs, you need to add "*" to the end of the root OU name.

For example, the OU parameter will look like this:

domain.com/Root-OU-Name*

Thanks,

Samer

All Replies
  • You could modify the existing "Duplicate Domain Users" report to match users on email address or CN. The current report match users based on the SAM Account Name which may work for you.

If you decide to edit the matching operator, please follow the below steps:

1. Copy the "Duplicate Domain Users" to My Reports (Report Library -> Active Directory -> Migration Assessment)

2. Right click on the report and select "Edit Report.."

3. Click on the "Fields" tab and add the email address (The CN is added by default)

4. Click on "Parameters" tab and edit the hidden parameter "Domain User: SAM Account Name (Account)"

5. Replace the "SAM Account Name" in both locations to the field that you want to use.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Samer

• Thanks I am trying that... But why when selecting the ou, it doesn't go inside the child ous to return the user objects? Also when there are more than >500 ous , it throws an error : only showing the first 500 results. Try a more specific search. Any suggestion?
  • To be able to go through the child OUs, you need to add "*" to the end of the root OU name.

For example, the OU parameter will look like this:

domain.com/Root-OU-Name*

Thanks,

Samer