Custom Report - Folder permissions - expanding the groups - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Custom Report - Folder permissions - expanding the groups

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Custom Report - Folder permissions - expanding the groups

This question has been answered by DELL-Angela F

Hi again

I'm setting up monthly reports to folder owners on permissions that are applied to their folders.

This is working like a charm and going really fast.

At our company, we set up security groups to access folders, these groups can contain users and other security groups as well.

Like so

- Folder

- Security group 1

- User1

- User2

- User3

- Security group 2

- User4

Here lies the problem, I would like to change the report, not only to show me the members of the first level security group but also expand the members of any nested group (if any). Maybe in a subreport?

Thank you in advance for any feedback  Let me know if you need more info.

KR

Tom

Verified Answer
  • Hello Tom,

Unfortunately it is not possible with v1.0 to have nested group members in the NTFS permission report. You will need to run the Domain Groups with Members report separately which has the sub report available. We are currently working on having this feature available in the next release. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Randy Armstrong

Quest Support

• The next release of Enterprise Reporter v2.0 will be available later this year, approximately October/November timeframe.  The ability to expand nested groups inline or in a subreport with Folder Permissions will be available in this release.  It is unfortunate that it is not available in 1.0 but it's coming.

Thanks!

-Angela Freeman

All Replies
  • Hello Tom,

Unfortunately it is not possible with v1.0 to have nested group members in the NTFS permission report. You will need to run the Domain Groups with Members report separately which has the sub report available. We are currently working on having this feature available in the next release. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Randy Armstrong

Quest Support

• I'm also curious why they removed this functionality that already existed in Enterprise Security Reporter. It was extremely useful to be able to run the group subreport and have all the group members included in the same report.

-Dan Grillo

SysAdmin

• Randy,

When do you expect the next release to be available?

Thanks,

Dan Grillo

SysAdmin

• The next release of Enterprise Reporter v2.0 will be available later this year, approximately October/November timeframe.  The ability to expand nested groups inline or in a subreport with Folder Permissions will be available in this release.  It is unfortunate that it is not available in 1.0 but it's coming.

Thanks!

-Angela Freeman