Best 2nd monitor for Alienware Laptops (17 and 18 inch models) - Laptops - Dell Global Sales Training - Dell Community

Best 2nd monitor for Alienware Laptops (17 and 18 inch models)

Dell Global Sales Training

Dell Global Sales Training
Dell Global Sales Training & Development provides this community for people who sell Dell systems. It contains sales training content as well as a forum for posting questions, thoughts & ideas related to the sales training material.

Best 2nd monitor for Alienware Laptops (17 and 18 inch models)

• Hi,

Often, some customers ask what would be good extension monitors for Alienware 17 and 18 laptops. Does DELL have any IPS-type monitors for gaming, please?

Thank you.

Eddie M.

PEARL HARBOR

Aloha!

• Hey Eddie!

Most of the UltraSharp monitors have IPS.  Here's a link to the dell.com page where they're listed.  If your customers are looking for a second screen there's some nice large ones, as well as a few dual monitor setups that would be sweet gaming setups.

Hope this helps!

Emily

• DELL-Emily L

Hey Eddie!

Most of the UltraSharp monitors have IPS.  Here's a link to the dell.com page where they're listed.  If your customers are looking for a second screen there's some nice large ones, as well as a few dual monitor setups that would be sweet gaming setups.

Hope this helps!

Emily

I would like to add on this case, all those monitors are IPS however their response time is a bit average to be considered "gaming" monitors. So far I checked:

U2212HM response time 8 ms gray to gray
    U2412M response time 8 ms gray to gray
    U2413 response time 6 ms gray to gray
    U2913WM 8 ms with overdrive (gray to gray)

As Emily mentions due to the size and IPS properties they will look nice on a gaming setup however our Alienware OPTX AW2210 had 2 ms response time and 120hz refresh rate if my memory serves well.

I'm really hoping we re-introduce the OPTX series monitors since our competitors (ASUS, BENQ) offer gaming monitors with the features mentioned above. So I sugest OP to check all the monitors on the page and try to find the one with the lowest response time.

Smile

• Thank you Jose! Very helpful!

Eddie