By Jonathan Kersten,

an Instructional Designer with the Global Commercial Sales Training and Development Team.

“Ugh, these WIRES!” It’s a constant refrain from my wife. I have to remind her that electronics come with cables. “Think of them as a necessary evil,” I say. To which she responds, “Why do you need so many of them?” To list a few, there are the HDMI cables for the HDTV, the Blu-ray player, and the Xbox 360. 

Then there are additional cables for the external speakers, the monitor for the laptop for when I play games, and they all need power cables too! Eyes roll. She isn’t convinced. Look, it’s not that I like having so many cables strewn about the house. I have just accepted the reality and moved on.  

If you have had a similar dialog with your significant other, or just wondered if there is a way to live without all of those wires, there is. The XPS One 27 is an All-in-One that provides the ease of one-cord setup.  All you have to do is plug the cord into a power outlet and you are ready to go. With a standard wireless keyboard and mouse, wireless-N adapter and integrated Infinity™ speakers with Waves MaxxAudio 4 there are no extra cables to clutter your desk and collect dust. 

But the best thing about the XPS One 27 is the display. It is a 27-inch Quad HD display with a resolution of 2560x1440! You will see a definite difference when looking at digital photos and images--they will appear more clear and vivid when compared to a 720p or 1080p display. That’s because a Quad HD display has four times the number of pixels as a 720p display. The resolution of the XPS One 27 more than makes up for the amount of desk space it will take up (which is sizeable when compared to a 20-inch monitor).

The Dell XPS One 27 is an All-in-One solution that provides an outstanding computing experience while ridding you of the clutter of wires you may be accustomed to with your current PC. With the simplicity of one power cord, the elegant design and outstanding Quad HD display, I am confident I can justify to my wife why I need to buy one.

I noticed how sleek and sophisticated the XPS One 27 the moment I took it out of the packing. The black and silver color scheme is simple, yet elegant. The slot-load optical drive and limited number of ports on the sides of the display keep create a clean and uncluttered look. That is not to say that the XPS One 27 lacks the requisite ports. Neatly hidden on the back of the display are 4 “SuperSpeed” USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI-out and HDMI-in (so you can use it as a monitor as well), SPDIF and coaxial input to connect any number of external devices.