By Darren M.

Designer on CSMB Sales Training Team

Confession: I am a gaming addict. Whether it’s Call of Duty 3 on my PC, Guitar Hero on the Wii, or just Angry Birds on my smart phone...if I’m not working, I’m probably playing a game.

Recently I’ve been traveling a bit more than usual, so I decided to bite the bullet, and buy laptop powerful enough to take my favourite games along.

I had been keeping an eye on Alienware™ for a long time, and was really impressed the extremely powerful M17x and M18x. They’re almost too big to be called portable, but you can’t beat the specs. On the opposite end of the size spectrum was the M11x – far more compact, and amazingly powerful for its size – but the small display was a deal breaker for me. 

Finally, though, Dell came out with a mid-sized laptop that seems like a better balance of power and portability…the Alienware™ M14x:

• 14-inch HD with WLED backlight (resolution options up to 900p/1600x900)
  • 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processor
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics
  • Great battery life, enabled by NVIDIA® Optimus™ dynamic graphics technology
  • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports
  • AlienFX™ lighting controls
  • Tapered keys for easier gameplay
  • Solid State Hard Drive (optional)

Check out my new Alienware!

I am headed to the shops this weekend to try it out, and I can hardly wait. It seems like the perfect system for me: built for gamers, with portability in mind.

And when I’m not taking it on the road, I’ll be able to take it over to my buddy’s house and show it off (while I annihilate him in Battlefield 3!): a win/win situation, and a win/win laptop!!