Inspiron Duo; A Good fit for Otis

Dell Global Sales Training

Dell Global Sales Training
Dell Global Sales Training & Development provides this community for people who sell Dell systems. It contains sales training content as well as a forum for posting questions, thoughts & ideas related to the sales training material.

by Otis Lee,

An Instructional Designer on the Global CSMB Sales Training and Development Team

I have a personal laptop that’s great. It satisfies most of my needs, except for one; it doesn’t have a shrinking feature for when I’m on a flight or sitting in coffee shop at a small round table. In places like these, I want a system that’s smaller and takes up less space. Don’t get me wrong, my 15” laptop is extremely useful but it’s heavy and I don’t always need a heavier laptop to enjoy lighter things like music, games and movies. So, I’ve been considering purchasing a system that is smaller and lighter but can also provide me with a great multimedia experience.

I am torn between purchasing a notebook or a tablet. Debating on which type of system to purchase has often brought me to a screeching halt. Making a decision between the two is hard. On one hand, a notebook has a keyboard that I can type on and a full operating system, and on the other, a tablet is smaller, light and easy to carry. I often ask myself the question, why can’t I have both in one system?  In comes the Inspiron Duo! A small notebook and a tablet combined?!

During this endless debate, I became intimately familiar with the Inspiron Duo™ at a trade show in Madison, WI. Dell had a booth at the show and I was one of the representatives who described key features and specs of our most popular systems to customers who visited our booth. Guess which system customers asked about the most? Yep, it was the Inspiron Duo™. I must have had over 100 conversations about the specs and features of the Duo™.

After spending time with the Duo™ I was able to reply, “The Inspiron Duo™ is great. You can flip the lid one way and use it as a notebook. You can flip the lid the other way and use it as a tablet.” I talked about the 10.1 inch, 1366 x 768 HD display. I talked about the weight of the tablet being less than 3.5lbs. I mentioned that the hard drive has up to 320GB of memory. I placed the Duo™ on its Sound Station dock and played music to demonstrate the quality of the JBL speakers. I even demonstrated the Stage software by organizing photos, movies and games. 

Smack! Did I just hit a wall?! Did I just find a solution to my endless debates and screeching halts over which system to purchase? Well, sure I did. I haven’t purchased the Duo™ yet but it will be my next purchase as far as a system is concerned. The versatility of having a notebook and a tablet in one that is lightweight has an HD display, lots of memory and Stage to organize all of my media content is exactly what I’m looking for in a smaller system. Next stop…Inspiron Duo™!

Inspiron DuoInspiron DuoInspiron Duo

• The inspiron Duo is super cool!  Thanks for your story Otis!