Did you know?

Did you know?

Dell Management Console

Dell Management Console
Welcome to the User Community for Dell Management Console (DMC), Dell’s next generation systems management software. Here you can view demos, see recent announcements, read the FAQ , and discuss use of the product.

Did you know?

Did you know that DMC 1.0.2 has a new warranty task?  This task can go out and grab warranty information for your servers and present it in a nicely formatted report.

Check it out!

Rob

• I am trying to use my Dell wireless printer and I just switched to Verizon Fios and it will not communicate. Any suggestions?

• Hi Rob,

I have got the below error when running the Dell warranty extractor task. I have downloaded patches which verifies that there is a connection to the internet and there is no proxy info. I can also visit the Dell site and manually look up a service tag.

Error retrieving warranty information!: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index Please ensure that you are able to connect to the Dell support site before running the Warranty Extractor Task. You may need to setup the Proxy via Settings / All Settings / Notification Server / Notification Server Settings. Please ensure correct credentials are provided.

Thanks

Eric

• I received this same error message;  there are several Dell servers in this evaluation DMC; SNMP and the Altiris agent are working on these Dell servers. 

End

• This is the output I see from DMC warranty extraction;  the task fails with an error message.

Proxy settings are correct; via DMC, I can receive DUPS for Dell Poweredge servers (many DUPs) via DMC.

network discoveries run; inventory tasks run,  I can get a detailed report on Dell server disk drives for example

Failed

12/24/2009 1:28:35 PM
    12/24/2009 1:28:37 PM
    1 seconds

Failed

Output Properties  
    Error retrieving warranty information!: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index Please ensure that you are able to connect to the Dell support site before running the Warranty Extractor Task. You may need to setup the Proxy via Settings / All Settings / Notification Server / Notification Server Settings. Please ensure correct credentials are provided.
    Status: Return code:  Start time: End time: Total run time: FYI: 

Fa

iled

Return code:  1

Start time:  12/24/2009 1:28:35 PM
    End time:  12/24/2009 1:28:37 PM
    Total run time:  1 seconds

Failed

Output Properties  
  • I get the same error.. any ideas?

• you are right.