bb-hosts and config issue BB5.01 - BB Custom Topics A - D - Big Brother - Dell Community

bb-hosts and config issue BB5.01

Big Brother

Big Brother
Access more than 800 custom test extensions to share or use in resolving your IT challenges.

bb-hosts and config issue BB5.01

This question has been answered by minitru

Hi, I have a strange issue going on that am at the point where I don't know where else to look.

I had to reinstall my BigBrother server app recently, and removed about 100 hosts from the bb-hosts.cfg file. Delete all the logs, etc from the \BBNTD\5.01 folders and fire it. Shortly after it starts reporting on servers that I had removed from the bb-hosts.cfg file. I attempt to remove them via the Manage portal and they fail to remove saying cannot connect to database.

I don't have a database for BB to connect to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Verified Answer
  • Hmmmm.... I'd make sure the BB service was stopped before you do anything... in fact, completely uninstalling/reinstalling is probably best (backup your bbhosts.cfg and use it when you reinstall). Delete the entire BBNTD\5.01 directory.

If you don't want to do that, just stop the BB service, and remove everything in BBVAR\LOGS and see if that helps.

All Replies
  • Hmmmm.... I'd make sure the BB service was stopped before you do anything... in fact, completely uninstalling/reinstalling is probably best (backup your bbhosts.cfg and use it when you reinstall). Delete the entire BBNTD\5.01 directory.

If you don't want to do that, just stop the BB service, and remove everything in BBVAR\LOGS and see if that helps.