I recently was assigned a project on my new job and it was to fix the red stars in BB. - BB Custom Topics A - D - Big Brother - Dell Community

I recently was assigned a project on my new job and it was to fix the red stars in BB.

Big Brother

Big Brother
Access more than 800 custom test extensions to share or use in resolving your IT challenges.

I recently was assigned a project on my new job and it was to fix the red stars in BB.

This question has been answered by grepmaster

Ok, here is how it started I got this desktop support job and I have always been a Windows dude, welcome to Mandrake commandline. I was able to learn through much research that the reason for the red stars was that 3 AP (access points) units had an IP address change and no one knew how to make the change in Big Brother to turn the red stars to green squares. I fianally found the infomation and edited the bb-hosts file to change the ip addresses and I got the green squares but I also got purple background and I need to have green background. I also found out this evening that I can no longer get in through Putty as I was able to last night. Does any have any suggestions to get me back in and working on changing purple to green.

Verified Answer
  • You should be able to see the purple status reports on the summary view (bb2.html) in the HTML display by clicking on the button with two arrows in the upper left corner of the BBDISPLAY.

Purple status icons mean the BBServer has not received an updated status report for that particular test in at least 30 minutes. Every test icon on the BBDISPLAY is associated with a file in $BBVAR/logs on your BBServer so to clear the purple status, delete the associated status log file in $BBVAR/logs and your display will clear up.

For instance, if you see a purple conn report on the BBDISPLAY for a machine named 1.2.3.4, look in $BBVAR/logs for a file named 1,2,3,4.conn, and, delete it.

All Replies
  • You should be able to see the purple status reports on the summary view (bb2.html) in the HTML display by clicking on the button with two arrows in the upper left corner of the BBDISPLAY.

Purple status icons mean the BBServer has not received an updated status report for that particular test in at least 30 minutes. Every test icon on the BBDISPLAY is associated with a file in $BBVAR/logs on your BBServer so to clear the purple status, delete the associated status log file in $BBVAR/logs and your display will clear up.

For instance, if you see a purple conn report on the BBDISPLAY for a machine named 1.2.3.4, look in $BBVAR/logs for a file named 1,2,3,4.conn, and, delete it.

• Thanks Paul for your input, I am all green now and able to see a lot more infomation about the APs and what they are doing.