BigBrother remote tests going all purple - BB Custom Topics A - D - Big Brother - Dell Community

BigBrother remote tests going all purple

Big Brother

Big Brother
Access more than 800 custom test extensions to share or use in resolving your IT challenges.

BigBrother remote tests going all purple

This question has been answered by jyangquest
BB_checkStat.log.zip

At our company we have a windows 2000 server at all of our remote locations, these servers run the BigBrother client (v4.40) and report back to a Linux server. Recently we have been moving to a new domain and after the move some servers have had all of their remote tests turn purple (just the tests running on the remote host, stuff like ping and ssh test from the BB Server are still working fine). On some of these machines a reboot fixed the issue and everything works fine but on a few of them a couple hours after the reboot the reporting goes purple again. The really weird thing (at least to me) is that when this happens if you try to launch bbntcfg.exe nothing opens up, also simply restarting the service doesn't fix the problem, it requires a reboot to be able to work with the client again. I have attached a log file from one of these servers, on the console purple shows up at Mon Nov 14 02:07:22 2011 (and doesn't go away) but I don't see any errors in the log. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for your time.

Verified Answer
  • For the windows 2000 machines, open windows event viewer, for Application, Security and System logs, do the following:

1. right click it on the left panel -> properties.

2. set the maximum log size to 512K

3. click OK

4. after set the 512K maximum log size to Application, Security and System logs, reboot the machine.

All Replies
  • check bbvar/logs for logs of that host but maybe under name (upper/lowercase issue).

also, all local (and local external scripts) are purple or just some of them?

• Thank you for your suggestion, I see nothing amiss in that folder (file names are the same and the logs don't show lack of connection until well after the purple appears). Yes all local tests and scripts are purple for these couple of machine, most of the machines on our network are not exhibiting this problem just a few of them. Thanks.

• For the windows 2000 machines, open windows event viewer, for Application, Security and System logs, do the following:

1. right click it on the left panel -> properties.

2. set the maximum log size to 512K

3. click OK

4. after set the 512K maximum log size to Application, Security and System logs, reboot the machine.