Error events arrives 45 minutes in late , where i can setup this parameter? - BB Custom Topics A - D - Big Brother - Dell Community

Error events arrives 45 minutes in late , where i can setup this parameter?

Big Brother

Big Brother
Access more than 800 custom test extensions to share or use in resolving your IT challenges.

Error events arrives 45 minutes in late , where i can setup this parameter?

This question has been answered by robert.croteau

Hello Community, we are using BBPE 4.3 for monitoring our environment. Unfortunatly the Error events are sent by my BBPAGER 45 minutes in late , and then every 15 minutes, not so much good .

Looking into the documentation i've seen the bbpagedelay, but with this parameter i can only say to the BBPAGER how much time wait from one notification of an error of a particular host to another , but where i can configure the pager for send me the first notification instantly ?

Hope to be enough clear in the description of my problem.

Best Regards

Gerardo

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • do the recipient in the bbwarnrules.cfg file look like this?

*;;*;;*;*;*;some@email.com:~45-15

or

*;;*;;*;*;*;some@email.com:~45

if so, change to

*;;*;;*;*;*;some@email.com:15

or

*;;*;;*;*;*;some@email.com

the ~XX tells BB to start notifying *only* if the event has been occuring for more than XX minutes.

it's the only reason I can think of for now.

• Thank you for your answer Robert,

my bbwarnrules.cfg looks like this :

*;;*;;*;*;*;some@email.com

i've tried to change like this :

*;;*;;*;*;*;some@email.com:~5;15 , but nothing change , my alerts still arrive quarter to hour in late

Best Regards .

Gerardo

• what's the timestamp for the notifications in bbvar/acks/notifications.log? Are they also 45mins late?