ignoring filesystems in bb-dftab - BB Custom Topics A - D - Big Brother - Dell Community

ignoring filesystems in bb-dftab

Big Brother

Big Brother
Access more than 800 custom test extensions to share or use in resolving your IT challenges.

ignoring filesystems in bb-dftab

This question has been answered by robert.croteau

I have an Oracle server which operates at 100% on all the data filesystems on a consistent basis due to the filesystems being very large. The disk test is essentially being thrown under a 9999 minute ack all the time causing us to miss alerts for other filesystems which we need to know about. Is there a way to ignore these Oracle FS's so that we can get alerted properly? Below is what I've already tried and the results.

1. remove the FS from bb-dftab resulted in the FS going off with the default 90/95 monitors

2. Change the amber/red values to 101 resulted in the BBDISPLAY griping about invalid values in config file and the monitor continued to show red

3. Remove the red value from the config resulted in BBDISPLAY griping about incorrect number of arguments and the monitor continued to show red.

As for the BB version, I've no idea, it's old NCR provided stuff.

Verified Answer
  • in etc/bbsys.sh, try settting DFEXCLUDE to a value(s) (it can be an egrep regex, so multiple value seperated by '|' can be specified) to exclude oracle filesystems.

All Replies
  • What platform are you on and what version of Big Brother are you running? I cannot reproduce this issue on the latest GA release (4.50); the BBClient does not complain about values greater than 100 in the etc/bb-dftab, e.g.

/usr:101:102

• The pkginfo command says 4.01.xx, but I'm not sure if that's BB's version or NCR's (BB re-packaged as NCRshm).

• in etc/bbsys.sh, try settting DFEXCLUDE to a value(s) (it can be an egrep regex, so multiple value seperated by '|' can be specified) to exclude oracle filesystems.