How do I reset Big Brother alerts to green color? - BB Custom Topics A - D - Big Brother - Dell Community

How do I reset Big Brother alerts to green color?

Big Brother

Big Brother
Access more than 800 custom test extensions to share or use in resolving your IT challenges.

How do I reset Big Brother alerts to green color?

This question has been answered by robert.croteau

How do I manually rest big brother alerts?

Verified Answer
  • I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to go back to green as soon as possible, the only to do so is to fix the problem. Note that for the "msgs" (log file checking), it's not as simple because it's an entry in a logfile. But you can reduce the time they are yellow/red by modifying MSGEXPIRE in bbdef-client.sh on the client. Also, you might (not sure but worth a try) be able to go back to green by removing the toggle files associated with the logfile found in $BBHOME/tmp (the *red* or *yellow* files, one file that must be kept is the one that contains the last line number, if you remove, BB will start from the top of the file and get errors on the next cyle).

All Replies
  • alerts are not reset to green. When tthey are acknowledged, they appear checkmarked instead of a colored dot.

• Ok I see that. How do I bypass all the built in delays and go to a green state quicker? I'm testing with message scenarios and don't have time wait for the delays. Otherwise I run into the issue were event messages are automatically acknowledged if generated with in the specified built in delay. Not sure if this is a Big Brother feature?

• I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to go back to green as soon as possible, the only to do so is to fix the problem. Note that for the "msgs" (log file checking), it's not as simple because it's an entry in a logfile. But you can reduce the time they are yellow/red by modifying MSGEXPIRE in bbdef-client.sh on the client. Also, you might (not sure but worth a try) be able to go back to green by removing the toggle files associated with the logfile found in $BBHOME/tmp (the *red* or *yellow* files, one file that must be kept is the one that contains the last line number, if you remove, BB will start from the top of the file and get errors on the next cyle).