/var/log/messages is unreadable - BB Custom Topics A - D - Big Brother - Dell Community

/var/log/messages is unreadable

Big Brother

Big Brother
Access more than 800 custom test extensions to share or use in resolving your IT challenges.

/var/log/messages is unreadable

This question has been answered by rosede12

Sorry for the newbie question.

I just started a new gig which uses Big Brother. I'm figuring out the app pretty good, but I haven't been able to figure out this question.

I recently stood up some new RHEL servers. I installed the client onto those servers and got them to communicate with the BB server. All of them report the exact same error: /var/log/messages is unreadable.

/var/log/messages is a Solaris log file, /var/log/messages is Linux.

Where do I change the path for the messages file?

Thanks.

Daryl

Verified Answer
  • Okay,

I see what I did wrong. I confused some of the Solaris errors with this error. This tool has been neglected for a long time, and reporting a bunch of junk that needed to be cleaned up. I'm trying to get everything cleaned up and I just got confused over what I was looking at.

Thanks.

Daryl.

All Replies
  • Okay,

I see what I did wrong. I confused some of the Solaris errors with this error. This tool has been neglected for a long time, and reporting a bunch of junk that needed to be cleaned up. I'm trying to get everything cleaned up and I just got confused over what I was looking at.

Thanks.

Daryl.

• Glad things worked out