Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 9th, 2024 17:52

m15 R5, hard shuts down when gaming

<Warranty expired 1 year/7 months/29 days ago on September 11, 2022. DELL-Admin>

I’ve recently had a problem with my laptop when gaming for an hour maybe two my Alienware randomly shuts dow, There’s no warning nothing just black screen turn it on again and starts up like nothing happened. I can let the laptop sit for hours but soon as I try to play any game power gone. I’ve done windows memory checks 100% fine I’ve done full dell system checks battery excellent condition and no faults found. Laptop on a cooling pad always has been I don’t get any FPS drops or any sign that the laptop going to crash out, I’ve googled so much about this but everyone says the same thing “have you cleaned it” “it’s the CPU paste” the laptop I clean and doesn’t feel hot at all only thing I notice was a windows file was corrupt but fixed it and when keeping an eye on the CPU temp and GPU temp the CPU temperature was about 50 but I did notice a small heat spike going up to 70 degrees but straight away back down (this was using Alienware Command Center) the temp spike wasn’t constantly. I need help to problem solve this I can send all details before the crash and any other details anyone needs to help me?

No Responses!
No Events found!