Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 12th, 2024 17:56

S2218H, Line-in port not functioning with microphone

Hello, I am trying to connect my microphone to my Dell S2218H monitors Line-in Port. However, the microphone does not work this way and I cannot find anything in my sound control panel that gives out any sound from my mic either. The line-out port works perfectly as I am using my headphones to listen through that port however the line-in port has no response whatsoever. I have checked by plugging the microphone to the back of my pc and it works completely fine but my pc setup is far away from my table and I wish to use the microphone from my monitor itself. I would appreciate some assistance, thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

May 12th, 2024 21:39

On the Dell S2218H monitor, the audio line-out port is to extend the audio playback to external speakers.

The audio line-in port is for connecting with audio cable from PC and playback on the monitor built-in speakers.  It can not take a microphone signal and sending to the PC.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 12th, 2024 23:07

@Chino de Oro​ I see, my built-in speakers were already working without plugging anything into the line-in port so that's why I assumed it had a different purpose. Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

May 13th, 2024 01:26

Glad to help out.  In your case, the HDMI cable may have sent the audio signals to the monitor speakers.

No Events found!